Pet-Friendly Montana GetawayBozeman, Big Sky & West Yellowstone Love Pets!
Summer is almost here and now is the time to take out your hiking shoes and bikes for an adventurous getaway. But why leave your furry friends behind? With pet-friendly Montana vacation rentals, you and your pets can have a fun holiday any time of year!
Montana is famous for its snowy slopes and ski adventures, but there is plenty to do during summer as well. You and your pets can enjoy many attractions including outdoor sports, amazing restaurants, unique art galleries, events and festivals, golfing and much more.
Book your stay with StayMontana.com for pet-friendly accommodations in Montana so your pet doesn’t have to stay home alone while you’re enjoying your adventure getaway!
Pet-Friendly Things to Do
As you spend your days exploring Montana, there are many pet-friendly places your pets can accompany you. Some great activities include:
- Hiking: Montana has several hiking trails ranging from all levels of difficulty. With high mountains and majestic falls, these trails are not only challenging but also rewarding and beautiful. Most of these trails allow for your pets to accompany you – just make sure they are on a leash and don’t forget to pick up after them.
- Our Fave: Ousel Falls - A great short hike for all ages leading to a breathtaking waterfall, located just .3 miles from the town center in Big Sky.
- Dog Parks: Bozeman Snowfill Recreation Area - an excellent dog park with vast fenced in acres and walking trails so your dog can roam free off leash.
- Camping: Yellowstone has over 2,000 campsites and 12 campgrounds as well as many backcountry campsites. Spend a day in nature elevated at 6,200+ feet. Pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
Pet-Friendly Eateries in Southwest MT
There are also many restaurants and pubs that have outdoor seating where your pets can join you.
- 406 Brewing Company: After a long and busy day hiking, enjoy a cold beer at this pet-friendly brewery. With its many flagship beers and American eats like sandwiches, pizzas, and pasta, this is the perfect spot to unwind.
- TreaT Café: A collaboration between Sola Café, Happy Dog GastroPUP, and Ghost Town Coffee Roasters, this unique café offers gluten-free and vegan food and beverage options not only for you but also for your four-legged friend!
- Rise and Shine Café and Bakery: Enjoy your morning breakfast with your pup at this local café. Serving eggs, bagels, and fresh pastries, they will also bring out a bowl of water for your dog.
Find more pet-friendly restaurants in Bozeman.
- Pete’s Rocky Mountain Pizza: Enjoy pizza at this local eatery along with your furry friend in their large picnic patio. Your dog will also get a bowl of cold water and some treats!
- Café Sabor: A local favorite, this Mexican eatery is situated directly across the Henry Fork River. You and your pet can relax and enjoy the view from their outdoor patio with some freshly made guacamole and chips.
- Angler Lodge and Riverfront Restaurant: Fine dining, delicious wine, view of the stunning Snake river and your four-legged friend – can it get any better? Enjoy steaks, wine, and cheesecake at this beautiful riverfront restaurant.
Find more pet-friendly restaurants in West Yellowstone.
- Lone Peak Brewery: Enjoy one of thirteen beers on tap at Big Sky’s first and only microbrewery. Their outdoor tables are perfect to enjoy live music and good food in the company of your pet.
- 320 Steakhouse and Saloon: This American style-eatery has locals and tourists fawning over its Rough Rider Tenderloin Trio - pan-seared bison with truffle compound butter, elk with a red wine demi-glace, and beef tenderloin with a cabernet-fig jus served with pine nuts, heirloom tomatoes, and mushroom risotto with seasonal veggies. Yum! Sit at one of their outdoor tables with your pet to enjoy this meat-filled menu.
- Caliber Coffee: Take a break from all the hiking, biking, and horse riding at this pet-friendly coffee shop. Sit outdoors with your dog and enjoy coffee, teas, smoothies and freshly squeezed juice along with delicious baked goods.
- Other great options include Hungry Moose, Wrap Shack, Milkies and Blie Moon!
Explore more pet-friendly restaurants in Big Sky.
Other Pet Related Services
When your pets join you in your adventures, you may need other pet-friendly services including:
- Bridger Animal Nutrition: This store carries many premium food brands for pets as well as supplements, treats, and pet accessories.
- Big Sky Dogs: This local business offers dog walking, sitting, and boarding services so that you can spend a day just by yourselves indulging in outdoor activities where pets aren’t allowed or even go for dinner in a fine-dining restaurant.
- Lone Peak Vet Hospital: Located in Big Sky, this hospital is convenient if your pet gets sick or needs a treatment procedure during working hours. If you are in Bozeman we recommend Cottonwood Vet Hospital.
- Pet Emergency Trauma Services (P.E.T.S): If your pet is hurt or doesn’t look too well and needs medical attention immediately, this emergency center is open 24 hours, including on weekends and all major holidays.
- Other great options for your pets needs include Sit'NStay', Top Dog Daycare and Boarding and Dee-O-Gee Pet Store in Bozeman.
So what are you waiting for, start planning your Montana vacation with Fido in mind today! Between all the fun to be had in the area and the variety of pet-friendly lodging options to accommodate you are your furry pal the perfect vacation awaits.