Montana Loves Pets and Pets Love Montana!
Why leave your furry friends behind? With pet-friendly Montana vacation rentals, you and your pets can have a fun holiday any time of year!
Book your stay with StayMontana.com for pet-friendly accommodations in Montana so your pet doesn’t have to stay home alone while you’re enjoying your adventure getaway!
Pet-Friendly Things to Do
As you spend your days exploring Montana, there are many pet-friendly places your pets can accompany you. Some great activities include:
- Hiking: Montana has several hiking trails ranging from all levels of difficulty. With high mountains and majestic falls, these trails are not only challenging but also rewarding and beautiful. Most of these trails allow for your pets to accompany you – just make sure they are on a leash and don’t forget to pick up after them.Ousel Falls – A great short hike for all ages leading to a breathtaking waterfall, located just .3 miles from the town center in Big Sky.
- Lion Mountain Trail – Explore this 2.6-mile loop trail near Whitefish, Montana. Generally considered an easy route, it takes an average of 1 h 7 min to complete.
- Dog Parks:
- Bozeman Snowfill Recreation Area – an excellent dog park with vast fenced in acres and walking trails so your dog can roam free off leash.
- Hugh Rogers Whitefish Dog Park – a sprawling, 5-acre dog park in a picturesque setting featuring open play areas, a small beach, agility course, free dog wash, drinking fountains for dogs & humans, and a pond! Named one of the top 10 dog parks in the US by USA Today!
- Yellowstone has over 2,000 campsites and 12 campgrounds as well as many backcountry campsites. Spend a day in nature elevated at 6,200+ feet. Pets are welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Glacier National Park allows dogs on leash (no longer than 6ft) in developed areas of the park including campgrounds.
Pet-Friendly Eateries in Montana
There are also many restaurants and pubs that have outdoor seating where your pets can join you.