Big Sky & Whitefish Ski Season News At a Glance
- Opening a day early this year! Wednesday, November 22, 2023 is the official Big Sky Resort opening day! The resort usually closes around the third Sunday in April, approximately April 21, 2024.
- New Loan Peak Tram this year!
- Lift tickets – buy early for the best prices & to guarantee access. Lift ticket availability might be limited on certain dates.
- Add-on Tram Access to your lift tickets.
- Ikon Pass – you usually need to buy your pass by September 15 to save up to 20%. Note, you’ll need to make a reservation to use your Ikon Pass at Big Sky this year.
- Mountain Collective Pass – Note, you’ll need to make a reservation to use your Mountain Collective Pass at Big Sky this year.
- Major chairlift upgrade last year – Swift Current 6 is “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift!”
- Equipment Rentals – our guests receive 10% off from Ski Butlers.
- We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
- Opening day is December 7, 2023 and closing is April 7, 2024.
- Lift tickets – aren’t available just yet but check back to buy early for the best prices.
- Hellroaring chair/lift 8 was relocated last year offering earlier season access!
- Chair 4 got relocated and replaced with the mountain’s first high-speed sixpack! It will take skiers from the Base Lodge to the top of Inspiration Ridge in under 7 minutes.
- Check out our 50+ Flathead Valley rentals including Whitefish and Columbia Falls for easy access to Whitefish Mountain!
Big Sky Resort opens November 22, 2023 and closing day is usually around April 21, 2024.
Big Sky Resort said that they many limit lift ticket availability on certain dates. They recommend you purchase tickets now for guaranteed access and the best prices. New last year, the resort is limiting tram access and you’ll need to purchase an add-on ticket to ride the tram. Season passes will also be limited.
Major chairlift upgrade!! As of last year, Swift Current 6 is “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift,” complete with Big Sky Blue weatherproof bubbles, ultrawide heated seats and individual headrests and footrests, this lift will increase uphill capacity by up to 50%!
Big Sky Resort is proud to be part of the Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective families! If you’re looking for an epic ski trip combining multiple destinations, you’ll definitely want to check out these pass options.
Need ski equipment? Our guests receive 10% off rental gear from Ski Butlers in Big Sky!
Want to experience “The Biggest Skiing in America?” We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
Whitefish Mountain Resort opens December 7, 2023 and closing day is April 7, 2024.
New last year, the replaced & relocated chair 4 will be the mountain’s first six-pack and will shuttle guests to the top of Inspiration Ridge.
September 8, 2023 Update: It’s live and you can book it here!
🥁Coming soon! Lakeview Escape Whitefish! We’ll keep you posted as soon as this property is bookable but in the meantime, enjoy this sneak peak… 👀
🙌Nestled amidst the pristine wilderness of Whitefish, Montana, this luxurious 3-level log home is the epitome of rustic elegance while overlooking Whitefish Lake. With 4 spacious bedrooms, 3 modern bathrooms, and a generous 2,735 square feet of living space, this home offers an unparalleled retreat for those seeking the perfect blend of nature and luxury.
As you approach the home, you’re greeted by the charm of a stunning log cabin. The exterior is a masterpiece of natural materials, with handcrafted log walls, a rugged yet inviting aesthetic, and a natural Montana landscape. The home sits perched on a hill, overlooking the serene waters of Whitefish Lake, providing breathtaking views from almost every room. Towering pine trees and lush greenery provide a picturesque backdrop.
Check out our Director of Marketing, Laura, below in a Stay Montana hat making friends & handing out Ella Cookies!
Here are a few fun questions we asked to get to know Ashley:
- Where was the best vacation you ever took? Mix between traveling the sea on an Alaskan Cruise and my trip to Valdez, Alaska! On the cruise, we saw whales, went through wild hurricane waters, and came across some of the most amazing glaciers and islands. In Valdez, there was the most scenic and seriously fun whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, hiking… all the fun things, on repeat, with fresh seafood every day!
- What do you think is the most important thing in a home for a guest? Cleanliness! If it’s clean and organized, everything else seems to fall into place.
- If you could cook dinner for a celebrity in one of our vacation homes, who would it be and where? Jason Momoa (because obviously) at Salish Ridge Retreat! Capture the essence of nature and indulge in a cozy slice of paradise!
- When you make a bed, hospital corners or no hospital corners? Oh, the habitual hospital corners.
- What’s your preference, vacation rental, hotel, RV, or tent? Depending on the adventure, I’d say either stargazing in a hammock with a tent, or… soaking up all the sweet luxuries of a vacation rental in my own private hot tub!
- If you were exploring Montana with Lewis and Clarke, what was your favorite place? Although I have yet to visit, I would have to say the Gates of the Mountains. It’s halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks and would be an adventure to remember! Giant Springs is another spot that looks absolutely incredible!
- What is your favorite season? Fall, for sure! Fresh, crisp air, fireplace nights and cozy vibes, changing colors of the leaves, crisp hikes and jumping into leaf piles, pumpkin patches and fun times!
- Favorite sports team? Chicago Bulls, back in MJ days!
- What was the most fun you had during the Covid-19 shut down? Every day was the most fun, being able to spend all of the one-on-one time with my kids and creating a deeper bond with every precious moment.
- Favorite book or movie character of all time? Harry Potter is just a given here…
- Are you loyal to any brand? If yes why? Jeep! You can take it anywhere, anytime, all-weather, never-ending, ever-changing options… the go-to for every adventure!
Learn more about Ashley and the rest of our Stay Montana team here!
Want to come visit? Browse all Flathead Valley properties here.
Below is Salish Ridge Retreat, one of Ashley’s favorite properties!
As a local, family & employee-owned company, we love being involved in the communities & giving back where our team and some of our homeowners live, work, raise families & play!
You’ll see our team around Montana volunteering, serving on boards, sponsoring events, and of course, handing out Ella Cookies! 🍪
Proud Sponsors: Big Sky Ski & Education Foundation, Wildlands Festival, Big Sky Chamber, GHS Raptors Youth Soccer, Whitefish Chamber, Bigfork Area Chamber, Bozeman Chamber, Oktoberfest in Whitefish, Whitefish Christmas Stroll, Big Sky Shred Day
Board Service: Visit Big Sky & BSSEF, Big Sky Chamber of Commerce new membership committee
Volunteer Work: Gallatin Valley Food Bank, HRDC, North Valley Food Bank
Check out the Stay Montana Gives blog category to see more about how we give back to our communities!
- 1148 Stays
- 0.7% Cancellation rate
- 4.8 Star Overall rating
- 100% Response rate”
Foo Fighters+River Conservation=🙌
Learn more about the lineup, amazing river conservation efforts and buy your tickets!
We’re so excited to assist in Wildlands Festival’s fantastic river conservation efforts and give back to the community where our team, their families, and some of our owners live, work & recreate. Plus, our guests get to enjoy these rivers as well!
View this post on Instagram
Looking for lodging? We still have some availability in Big Sky!
🍪Ella Torsleff, daughter of the Stay Montana owners, developed this unique recipe when she was only 14 years old, and Stay Montana quickly began making them for all our guests and getting raving reviews. Fresh Ella Cookies are placed in each of our vacation rentals for guests to enjoy at check-in!
From Ella, “My family loves my cookies and I hope you enjoy them too!”
•Butter, 1 cup
•Sugar, 3/4 cup
•Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup
•Egg yolk, 2
•Vanilla, 1 tsp
•Flour, 2 cups
•Salt (optional), 1/4 tsp
•Oatmeal, regular or quick, 3/4 cup
•Rice Krispies cereal, 3/4 cup
•Milk Chocolate morsels, 3/4 cup
•Bequet Celtic Sea Salt Caramel, 3 bits/cookie on top
Mix ingredients in order; roll dough into 1 inch balls; refrigerate/freeze for 1 hour; bake
at 325°F for 13 mins.🍪
Read more about Ella Cookies & find other recipes from our owners & team in our Stay Montana Family Cookbook, full of Montana flavor!
Gorgeous Waterfront Marina Cay 100% Remodel!
We all love a good before/after story… check out Marina Cay Vista Della Baia! Completely remodeled! 🙌
From the homeowners, “We literally took everything out and started from the ground up. Leveled the floor after tile and carpet removal, retextured and painted the walls. Redesigned the space.”
From the Stay Montana family, “The owners truly did a fantastic job and took every detail into consideration from fixtures to furniture. This property already has such a perfect waterfront location and drool-worthy views, they really took it to the next level with the interior transformation making it a property you won’t want to miss!”
Check Availability: Marina Cay Vista Della Baia
See more photos and info about Marina Cay Vista Della Baia!
Beautiful Flathead Lake Waterfront!
Book Marina Cay Vista Della Baia today!
Executive Summary: The owners did a great job and you’ll love making Montana memories at Marina Cay Vista Della Baia!
We’re delighted to sponsor this great event and raise money for our local youth ski community! We ❤️ the spirit of skiing in Montana.
As a local, family & employee-owned company, giving back to the communities where our employees, families, kids & owners live is a core company value. Additionally, we like to focus our giving on organizations that help local youth and promote athletics.
Big Sky Ski Education Foundation’s mission is to provide an opportunity for kids to become great skiers and pursue personal goals while promoting good sportsmanship, healthy competitiveness, sound technical skills, and an appreciation for the spirit of skiing in the mountains.
Join in the fun and register your team here!