Stay Montana is proud to join Visit Big Sky in the Montana Aware effort to encourage responsible travel in Montana. At Stay Montana, safety is our number one priority for guests and Montana locals. That’s why we follow the CDC’s cleaning guidelines and ALL of our vacation rental properties have contactless entry. Additionally, we have implemented a NEW 2 day cancel policy where guests can get a full refund if they need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances. We’re proud that Montana remains open, welcoming visitors, and we want to be sure everyone is following safe travel best practices to ensure your safety and to slow the spread of COVID-19.
For more on info our cleaning policies, contactless entry, local/state regulations, etc. visit our FAQ page.
Montana Aware’s Safe Travel Guidelines
Before travelers hit the road, they should, “Know before you go.”
• Know the local public health guidelines before arriving at their destination
• Understand some services and destinations may be limited
• Stay home if they’re sick
When travelers are on the road, they should:
• Wear a mask – face coverings are required in certain indoor spaces and for certain organized outdoor activities in counties currently experiencing four or more active cases of COVID-19
• Maintain social distance (at least 6 feet apart)
• Wash their hands and use hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching their face
• Cover coughs and sneezes
More Info on Safe Travel Guidelines
Please visit https://www.healthygallatin.org/coronavirus-covid-19/ for the most up-to-date local health guidelines from Gallatin County.
Why you need to escape to Montana this fall
Fall in Montana offers changing leaves, perfect temperatures and many outdoor activities. Getaway from it all and enjoy some family time or just simple R&R. Montana is open and there is lots to do for all. Find Your Fall Retreat>>
Our favorite reasons to visit Montana in fall:
- Leaf Peeping – did you know that Montana is home to Tamaracks, a conifer whose needles turn a gorgeous golden yellow color before falling off and returning green in the spring?
- Hiking – temps are cool, colors are popping, serene hikes abound!
- Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks – far fewer people visit the parks in the fall. Take a guided tour, boat ride, hike or scenic drive.
- Fishing – before brown trout start spawning in November, they are really active which means perfect fishing!
- Sunrises & Sunsets – Big Sky Country offers stunning sunrises and sunsets over vast open spaces, gorgeous rivers or breathtaking peaks. You’ll see clouds like you never have before.
- Big Sky Pro Bull Riding September 4-6th – bull riding, live music after-parties, art auctions, golf tournament, fundraisers and a vendor village. There’s something for everyone.
Need a home base for your fall activities? Whether you want a secluded property with plenty of privacy or a property where you can walk to restaurants, shopping and activities, we have a wide assortment to fit every need.
Stormhold 5-Bedroom Cabin named “Top 14 Airbnbs Near Yellowstone National Park!” by Trips To Discover
Trips To Discover is a travel discovery platform with a goal of helping you dream and come up with ideas for your next travel adventure. We are thrilled to have Stormhold featured in their article about the best Airbnbs close to Yellowstone National Park. They selected Stormhold for it’s proximity to the park, friendliness for groups, and amenities.
Stormhold – 5 beds | 4 baths | 8 guests
This beautiful home is located in downtown West Yellowstone and just minutes from Yellowstone National Park’s entrance. Enjoy the national park in your backyard!
With 5 bedrooms and 4 baths, this home is perfect for groups and families traveling together. The rustic cabin atmosphere is very spacious and offers all the amenities – from a 2 car garage, laundry, Wi-Fi and cable TV. You’ll love curling up next to the fireplace with a beverage after a day of exploring or unwinding and grilling out on the porch with family and friends.
We are excited to offer Monthly Stays at Stormhold! Contact us if you’re interested.
Check out more info, photos and availability of Stormhold, a beautiful West Yellowstone 5 bedroom home.
Unplug & Unwind at Your Personal Riverfront Retreat
We can’t stop drooling over this new riverfront property and there’s still summer availability so act fast! Located northeast of St Regis, this property is truly unique with unblocked Clark Fork river frontage. There’s a gentle trail down to the river bank which is perfect for trout fishing or just relax and soak in the river views and sounds from the spacious deck. You can also enjoy stargazing by the campfire or grilling on the deck. It’s the perfect authentic Montana retreat!
With 7 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and room for 10 guests, the Clark Fork River Retreat is perfect for family escapes or getaways with friends. You can truly unplug here with no TVs, WiFi or even hair dryers. The lodge features custom-built log furniture giving it a rustic feel with the convenience of a modern kitchen and bathrooms. The focal point of the house is the patio overlooking the river but you’ll also enjoy the open and airy main floor with living room, kitchen, dining area, 3 bedrooms and 1 bath. The lower level has walkout access to the river along with a 2nd living area with a Queen futon, 2 more bedrooms and 1 bath. On the 2nd level, you’ll find a loft and a bedroom. Take a Virtual Tour!
Another bonus is how easy the Clark Fork River Retreat is to get to. St Regis is located just off of I-90 about 1 hour west of Missoula, MT or 2 hours east of Spokane, WA. The property is about 11 miles off the Interstate, tucked in along the river.
Are you drooling yet? Read more and check availability for the Clark Fork River Retreat!
There is plenty for everyone to do in St Regis:
- Quinn’s Hot Springs Resort
- Bike or walk the Route of the Hiawatha
Love it?! Read more about the Clark Fork River Retreat!