Find Your Perfect Montana Spring Skiing Property – Sunny Turns Await!
😎☀️Still trying to figure out what to do for Spring Break? Take the kiddos skiing! Montana offers family-friendly activities for all! Whether you want to ski, snowmobile, snowshoe, dog sled, or just relax by a cozy fire or in a hot tub with a stunning view, the possibilities are endless.
If you’re looking to ski, you’re in luck, Montana is experiencing an awesome snowy season which means Spring should shape up to provide perfect conditions. Big Sky Resort is open until April 24th and Whitefish Mountain Resort is open until April 10. The resorts host lots of fun spring activities like pond skims, rail jams, concerts, and more. Who’s looking forward to sunny turns?!
We’ve put together a list of our favorite Montana ski properties from Big Sky to Whitefish with amenities ranging from Ski In/Out, Hot Tubs, Fireplaces, Views, Close to Town, Shuttle Service and more! Want a recommendation from our local team? Contact us!
We’re thrilled to announce our new office in downtown Whitefish!
Located at 100 East Second Street Suite 301, we’re right in the heart of downtown Whitefish! We will be having a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony with the Whitefish Chamber of Commerce on January 13th, 2022 at 4pm. Please come out and join us! There will be light refreshments and our famous family recipe, Ella Cookies for all! What are Ella Cookies?! Read all about them in our Stay Montana Family Cookbook!
Did you know we now have over 50 rentals in the Flathead Valley? We are thankful to all our trusted homeowner partners, our local Flathead Valley Stay Montana team, and our wonderful community supporters, like the Whitefish Chamber of Commerce – our amazing growth within 1 year wouldn’t be possible without you!
Stay Montana is a local, family-owned and operated company with a focus on customer service and making Montana memories. Our homeowners are our most valuable partners and we treat their homes as if they were our own. We pride ourselves in creating unforgettable Montana experiences for all our guests, whether they’re staying in a studio or a luxury property. Learn more about why you should book your next vacation with us or why you should partner with us to manage your property!
We hope to see you on January 13th at our new Whitefish office! Contact us if you have any questions.
We’re delighted to announce that we will be sponsoring Turkey Bowling for a good cause, the North Valley Food Bank, at the Whitefish Christmas Stroll on December 10th, 2021! Please come say hi to our local Whitefish team, join in the Turkey Bowling fun, and stop by our booth for our family recipe, Ella’s Cookies! and a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to a local business! Don’t forget to bring non-perishable items to donate!
What? Turkey Bowling for a good cause – The North Valley Food Bank! Please bring non-perishable items to donate.
What is Turkey Bowling?! There will be a frozen turkey for adults to bowl and a smaller, cornish game hen for kids to bowl. Pin N Cue is donating the pins! Kids’ entries are free and we ask adults for an entry fee of a monetary donation or non-perishable food donation to the North Valley Food Bank. We are excited to support this great organization!
When? 530pm-9pm on December 10th, 2021
Where? Downtown Whitefish! Our booth will be located in front of the Great Northern Bar on Central Ave, between Railway and 1st St.
Who? The local Stay Montana team… Laura, David, Taylor & Kim will be running the turkey bowling and will have a booth set up with refreshments, a raffle and a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to a local business.
Why? All entry fees and food donations go to the North Valley Food Bank. Plus, bowling turkeys is silly and FUN!
What other activities will be happening? Christmas Shopping, Supporting Local Whitefish Businesses, Shoppers’ Drawing Raffle, Mingling, and More! Don’t forget to save your 59937 receipts to trade in for raffle tickets! Shop Small from November 27th thru Christmas Stroll, December 10th. The Whitefish Chamber of Commerce will be awarding raffle tickets to our Shoppers’ Drawing with twelve baskets donated by Whitefish Chamber Members.
Stay Montana is thrilled to support the local Whitefish community, local businesses, and the North Valley Food Bank. We are looking forward to meeting and mingling with all!
Questions? Contact us!
In honor of the Holidays, we’d like to give you The Stay Montana Cookbook! Our team & homeowners contributed their favorite recipes to create this beautiful cookbook full of Montana flavor, from Bison Chili to Huckleberry Cake and more!
And don’t forget Ella Cookies! What are Ella Cookies? Ella Torsleff, daughter of the Stay Montana owners, developed this unique recipe when she was only 14 years old and Stay Montana quickly began making them for all our guests and getting raving reviews. Read all about them in our cookbook!
Dreaming of getting away to Montana this winter? We still have vacation rentals with availability and would love to welcome you! Plus, Big Sky Resort opened on Thanksgiving and Whitefish Mountain Resort opened on December 10th!
Download the cookbook and get inspiration for full Montana flavor recipes just in time for the holidays!
Thank you to the Stay Montana Family for participating in this fun creation!
Bozeman & Bigfork Monthly Stays Deeply Discounted
We don’t usually do this but… we’re offering a 30% OFF coupon code: MONTHLY for 30+ day stays on select Bozeman & Bigfork properties!!! Valid for new reservations arriving now-April. Note, 30+ day stays are also tax-exempt (that’s an additional 8-12% savings)! Direct bookings only via phone or website.*
To find a valid property for this special, put your 30+ day stay dates into the search and then enter the promo code MONTHLY on checkout. Or you can call us, our friendly team will be happy to assist! 888.871.7856. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, we also have a handful of properties that are only available for 30+ day stays and already have the discount built into their rates – no promo code needed!
* New reservations only, valid on stays 30-90 days from now until April 30, 2022, valid on select properties, can’t be combined with other offers, subject to availability, offer may expire at any time, direct bookings only.
The snow has started falling and we’re getting stoked for winter in Montana! Ski season, holidays, snowman building, cozy fires, hot tubs, cocoa, time with our loved ones, and more! ☃️ ❄️
Here are some of our local team’s favorite winter events:
- Big Sky Resort’s Opening Day November 25th
- The Bigfork Holiday Parade of Lights & Santa’s Arrival December 4th
- Whitefish Mountain Resort’s Opening Day December 7th
- Christmas Strolls – Bozeman December 4th & Whitefish December 10th
- This just in! Stay Montana will be sponsoring Turkey Bowling at the Whitefish Christmas Stroll on December 10th at 530pm. We will also have a booth with some fun surprises up our sleeve so swing by and say hi! (more info coming soon)
- Torchlight Parades + Fireworks on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve at Whitefish Mountain & Big Sky Resort
- NEW! Ribbon Cutting for our Brand New Whitefish Office!! January 13th at 4pm – please join! (more info coming soon)
- Whitefish Winter Carnival – February 4-6th (2022)
The Perfect Properties for Cooking & Entertaining 🥂
Love to cook? Or have a chef in your family or friend group? We put together a list of properties with the best kitchens to help you find your perfect space for cooking and spending quality time with your loved ones during your Montana vacation! From drool-worthy fully equipped kitchens, gorgeous views, cozy fireplaces, room for entertaining, and abundant outdoor activities – all you need to bring is your family or friends. Find your perfect retreat now for the best availability and rates!
Want help planning your perfect holiday escape or finding a property with the kitchen of your dreams? Contact us! Our friendly team would love to help!
Big Sky & Whitefish Ski Season News At a Glance
- Opening day is November 25 & closing is April 24.
- Lift tickets – buy early for the best prices.
- Add-on Tram Access to your lift tickets.
- Ikon Pass – prices increase on October 15.
- Mountain Collective Pass – still available until they sell out.
- Major chairlift upgrade – Swift Current 6 will be “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift.”
- Equipment Rentals – our guests receive 10% off from Ski Butlers.
- We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
- UPDATED: Opening day is December 9 and closing is April 10.
- Lift tickets – now available! Buy early for the best prices.
- Hellroaring chair/lift 8 has been relocated offering earlier season access.
- Check out our 40+ Flathead Valley rentals including Whitefish and Columbia Falls for easy access to Whitefish Mountain!
Big Sky Resort opens November 25, 2021 and closing day is April 24, 2022.
While Big Sky hasn’t announced if they will be limiting lift tickets, they do say to purchase now for guaranteed access and the best prices. New this year, the resort will be limiting tram access and you’ll need to purchase an add-on ticket to ride the tram. Season passes will also be limited.
Major chairlift upgrade!! Swift Current 6 will be “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift,” complete with Big Sky Blue weatherproof bubbles, ultrawide heated seats and individual headrests and footrests, this lift will increase uphill capacity by up to 50%!
Big Sky Resort is proud to be part of the Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective families! If you’re looking for an epic ski trip combining multiple destinations, you’ll definitely want to check out these pass options.
Need ski equipment? Our guests receive 10% off rental gear from Ski Butlers in Big Sky!
Want to experience “The Biggest Skiing in America?” We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
Whitefish Mountain Resort opens December 7, 2021 and closing day is April 10, 2022.
New this year, the Hellroaring chair/lift 8 will be relocated offering earlier season access!
Here are a few questions we asked to get to know Kelly:
- What do you think is the most important thing in a home for a guest? Cleanliness and everything works as it should. Everyone looks forward to getting away, so the place they rent should be somewhere they can relax and feel at home and really enjoy some hard earned time off.
- If you could cook dinner for a celebrity in one of our vacation homes, who would it be and where? Keanu Reeves. He is always so humble and spends a lot of time supporting his fans and charities. It would be fun it sit down and just chat with him about anything that comes to mind.
- When you make a bed, hospital corners or no hospital corners? Hospital Corners because it looks clean and neat.
- What’s your preference, vacation rental, hotel, RV, or tent? I really enjoy camping and hiking, so spending a few days doing both is really relaxing to me. The smell I missed the most while living in the south was the smell of a campfire! If I vacation on the beach, then a nice resort is the way to go.
- What is your favorite season? Fall. I love the change of colors, the smell of cinnamon, cool mornings and fall camping.
- Favorite sports team? I’m not really into sports, but I do enjoy watching the Winter X Games. I have been a fan of Shaun White since I lived in CO.
- Favorite book or movie character of all time? I really enjoy the classic 80’s movies. The money Pit, Top Gun, Better off Dead, Breakfast Club, Goonies, etc.
- Are you loyal to any brand? If yes why? I like Columbia. That brand has never let me down and are the only hiking boots that fit me best and last forever.
We these photos of Kelly living the Montana lifestyle!
Why you need to escape to Montana this fall
Fall in Montana offers changing leaves, perfect temperatures and many outdoor activities. Getaway from it all and enjoy some family time or just simple R&R. Montana boasts something for everyone! Find Your Fall Retreat>>
Our favorite reasons to visit Montana in fall:
- Leaf Peeping – did you know that Montana is home to Tamaracks, a conifer whose needles turn a gorgeous golden yellow color before falling off and returning green in the spring?
- Hiking – temps are cool, colors are popping, serene hikes abound!
- Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks – far fewer people visit the parks in the fall. Take a guided tour, boat ride, hike or scenic drive. Plus, tickets are no longer required at Glacier National Park after September 6, 2021!
- Fishing – before brown trout start spawning in November, they are really active which means perfect fishing!
- Sunrises & Sunsets – Big Sky Country offers stunning sunrises and sunsets over vast open spaces, gorgeous rivers or breathtaking peaks. You’ll see clouds like you never have before.
- Great Weather – September and October bring lots of sunshine and mild temperatures with averages in the upper 60s. Fall is the perfect time to get outside!
Need a home base for your fall activities? Whether you want a secluded property with plenty of privacy or a property where you can walk to restaurants, shopping and activities, we have a wide assortment to fit every need.
Did you know we offer discounts for weekly & monthly stays? Extended Stay Discounts>>