🎿 Top 5 Big Sky Ski-In/Ski-Out Vacation Rentals 🏂
The ultimate in convenience – a ski-in/ski-out vacation rental! Stay Montana offers Big Sky condos, cabins and private vacation rental homes. Vacation rental amenities can include cozy fireplaces, private hot tubs, stunning views, and more!
Big Sky Resort the premier ski resort in the area and it is known as the “Biggest Skiing in North America” with over 5,850 skiable acres! Get your lift tickets ahead of time and save yourself the hassle when you get there! Plus, buying in advance ensures the best rate possible.
Shoshone complex – Located right at the base of Big Sky Resort Mountain Village! The Shoshone units are located inside a hotel-condo complex that offers many cushy amenities – a seasonal heated outdoor pool, indoor hot tub, Health Club, Steam Room, Sauna, Ski Valet and free shuttle to the Meadow Village and Town Center. Properties have 1 to 2 bedrooms and 2 to 3 bathrooms, accommodating 6 to 8 guests. Many feature cozy fireplaces and gorgeous views of Big Sky Mountain Resort.
Make sure and check out our top 5 Big Sky ski-in/ski-out vacation rentals below! These vacation rentals are all part of our Sapphire Collection – the ultimate in luxury. These hand-picked properties offer countless amenities, a welcoming bottle of wine and coffee, luxurious robes for your stay, a personalized welcome note, and an in-person property orientation at check-in. You’ll also be greeted by Ella Cookies, our beloved family recipe plus a Stay Montana Family Cookbook for you to keep!
In 2021, 3 cross-country ski areas in the Bozeman area were in the running for the “best cross-country ski resort” category of USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Travel Awards competition!
Although they didn’t win, the Bozeman community is thrilled to be recognized as a cross-country ski destination!
- Crosscut Mountain Sports Center near Bozeman. Especially exciting since this is the first time Crosscut has been nominated and it’s only 4 years old.
- Lone Mountain Ranch near Big Sky. Named Cross Country Skier magazine’s #1 Nordic ski destination in North America with 85 km of trails through wooded trails and mountainous terrain.
- Rendezvous Ski Trails near West Yellowstone. Nominated for many years with pet-friendly trails, trails in Yellowstone National Park, trails along the Madison River, wide skating trails and diagonal paths.
The Bozeman area offers countless outdoor activities whether you’re visiting in winter or summer. From boating, fishing, biking, hiking and more in summer to skiing, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing and more in winter. View the Bozeman Area Guide or the Big Sky Area Guide for more info about things to do.
Ready to visit? Find Your Perfect Bozeman Vacation Rental>>
We’re getting stoked for winter in Montana! Ski season, holidays, snowman building, cozy fires, hot tubs, cocoa, time with our loved ones, and more! ☃️ ❄️
Here are some of our local team’s favorite winter events:
- Big Sky Resort’s Opening Day November 24th
- Whitefish Mountain Resort’s Opening Day December 8th
- The Bigfork Holiday Parade of Lights & Santa’s Arrival December 3rd
- Christmas Strolls – Bozeman December 3rd & Whitefish December 9th
- This just in! Stay Montana will be sponsoring Turkey Bowling at the Whitefish Christmas Stroll on December 9th at 530pm. We will also have a booth with some fun surprises up our sleeve so swing by and say hi! (more info coming soon)
- Torchlight Parades + Fireworks on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve at Whitefish Mountain & Big Sky Resort
- Whitefish Winter Carnival – February 3-5th, 2023
- Plus, don’t miss us at the Great Northwest Oktoberfest in Whitefish for 2 great weekends! September 22-24th and September 29-October 1st! Enjoy delicious German food, drinks, music and dancing, crazy contests, food trucks, artists, crafters and so much more! Stay Montana is proud to be one of this year’s premier sponsors of Oktoberfest in Whitefish! All of our Stay Montana guests that are attending Oktoberfest will be offered free entrance tickets!
Big Sky & Whitefish Ski Season News At a Glance
- Opening day is November 23, 2022 & closing is April 23, 2023.
- Lift tickets – buy early for the best prices & to guarantee access. Lift ticket availability might be limited on certain dates.
- Add-on Tram Access to your lift tickets.
- Ikon Pass – buy your pass by September 15 to save up to 20%. Note, you’ll need to make a reservation to use your Ikon Pass at Big Sky this year.
- Mountain Collective Pass – Note, you’ll need to make a reservation to use your Mountain Collective Pass at Big Sky this year.
- Major chairlift upgrade last year – Swift Current 6 is “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift!”
- Equipment Rentals – our guests receive 10% off from Ski Butlers.
- We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
- Opening day is December 8, 2022 and closing is April 9, 2023.
- Lift tickets – now available! Buy early for the best prices.
- Hellroaring chair/lift 8 was relocated last year offering earlier season access!
- Chair 4 is getting relocated and replaced with the mountains first high speed sixpack! It will take skiers from the Base Lodge to the top of Inspiration Ridge in under 7 minutes.
- Check out our 50+ Flathead Valley rentals including Whitefish and Columbia Falls for easy access to Whitefish Mountain!
Big Sky Resort opens November 23, 2022 and closing day is April 23, 2023.
Big Sky Resort said that they many limit lift ticket availability on certain dates. They recommend you purchase tickets now for guaranteed access and the best prices. New last year, the resort is limiting tram access and you’ll need to purchase an add-on ticket to ride the tram. Season passes will also be limited.
Major chairlift upgrade!! As of last year, Swift Current 6 is “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift,” complete with Big Sky Blue weatherproof bubbles, ultrawide heated seats and individual headrests and footrests, this lift will increase uphill capacity by up to 50%!
Big Sky Resort is proud to be part of the Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective families! If you’re looking for an epic ski trip combining multiple destinations, you’ll definitely want to check out these pass options.
Need ski equipment? Our guests receive 10% off rental gear from Ski Butlers in Big Sky!
Want to experience “The Biggest Skiing in America?” We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
Whitefish Mountain Resort opens December 8, 2022 and closing day is April 9, 2023.
New last year, the replaced & relocated chair 4 will be the mountain’s first six-pack and will shuttle guests to the top of Inspiration Ridge.
🦃 The Perfect Properties for Cooking & Entertaining 🥂
Just in time for the holidays! We put together a list of properties with the best kitchens to help you find your perfect space for cooking and spending quality time with your loved ones during your Montana vacation! From drool-worthy fully equipped kitchens, gorgeous views, cozy fireplaces, room for entertaining, and abundant outdoor activities – all you need to bring is your family or friends. Find your perfect retreat now for the best availability and rates!
Did you know we have a Stay Montana Family Cookbook? Plus, we’re excited to announce that we have a new meal delivery option in Big Sky & Bozeman: Stay Montana Gatherings! Make your holidays stress-free with your Thanksgiving dinner delivered to your door!
Want help planning your perfect holiday escape or finding a property with the kitchen of your dreams? Contact us! Our friendly team would love to help!
Stay Montana Gatherings – Exclusive Food Options for Our Stay Montana Guests from our Family Cookbook!
We are delighted to announce a new food delivery option for our Big Sky and Bozeman guests! Stay Montana has partnered with OrdersUp! to create recipe kits or pre-made goodies from our very own, Stay Montana Family Cookbook. The Cookbook is a beautiful book, full of Montana flavor and consisting of the Stay Montana team & homeowners’ favorite recipes!
Food options from the Stay Montana Cookbook include: Fireside Bison Chili, Grandma Cheryl’s Family Lasagna, Best Ever Brownies, and Chocolate Chip “Cookie Monster” Cookies!
In addition to the Stay Montana recipe options, OrdersUp! offers a variety of other food options that change by season with breakfast, lunch, dinner, apps, and dessert goodies. We think our guests will love ordering breakfast items that they can quickly re-heat and then hit the slopes. Guests will also love returning to their vacation rental with a delicious, made-from-scratch meal they can throw in the oven and enjoy after a day of adventures in Big Sky or Bozeman!
Visiting for the holidays? Wonderful! Make your holidays extra relaxing by ordering food for your gathering in advance and then simply re-heating it! Stay tuned for new holiday food options coming soon!
Visiting for the holidays? Order a Thanksgiving feast your family is sure to love!
Stay Montana Gatherings Details:
- Order 5 days in advance
- $200 minimum order required
- Delivery to Bozeman and Big Sky
- Delivery days are Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Recipe kits – all ingredients are provided and you make the food yourself
- Pre-made food – all you have to do is reheat and enjoy!
Post Your Montana Vacation Experience to TikTok for the Chance to Win $200 OFF Your Next Stay!
Calling all Stay Montana Guests! Did you have an AWESOME trip to Montana? That’s fantastic! We’d love to see your experience in a TikTok! Make sure to tag Stay Montana for a chance to win $200 off your next Montana vacation rental. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Montana!
- Follow @staymontana on TikTok
- Post a video of your Montana vacay
- Tag @staymontana
Check out Stay Montana on TikTok here.
The winner will be announced on September 1, 2022 and will receive $200 off their next Stay Montana vacation rental!
Here’s a recap:
As a family-owned and operated company, we know how valuable your vacation time is and we strive to give our guests the best possible experience. Our local team goes above and beyond in providing local recommendations, concierge services, and anything you need to make your Montana stay exceptional. We love hearing our guests’ stories about how much they enjoyed their Montana vacations!
Want to plan an epic Montana vacation? We have a variety of rentals across Montana and we’re sure you’ll find your perfect home away from home! Please reach out directly if you have any questions or if we can help you plan a trip!
Check out our local team enjoying this glorious place we get to call home – MONTANA!
If you haven’t heard, we created The Stay Montana Cookbook! Our team & homeowners contributed their favorite recipes to create this beautiful cookbook full of Montana flavor, from Bison Chili to Huckleberry Cake and more!
And don’t forget Ella Cookies! What are Ella Cookies? Ella Torsleff, daughter of the Stay Montana owners, developed this unique recipe when she was only 14 years old, and Stay Montana quickly began making them for all our guests and getting raving reviews. Read all about them in our cookbook!
Dreaming of getting away to Montana? We still have a variety of gorgeous vacation rentals across Montana and would love to welcome you!
Download the cookbook and get inspiration for full Montana flavor recipes!
Thank you to the Stay Montana Family for participating in this fun creation!
📣 Hello Stay Montana Family!
We are delighted to announce that we are now an employee-owned company! Over the last years, David Moore and Laura Dwight have proven their leadership and worked extremely hard, thus we’re thrilled to add them to our ownership team.
The shift toward employee-ownership was the next logical step to ensure our company continues and broadens its tradition of local ownership and control.
Chris Torsleff shares, “Since the very beginning, Stay Montana has focused on nurturing our employees, homeowners and community. Employee-ownership empowers our team, improves job quality, rewards employees directly for our success, and expands local ownership to our hard working team and amazing leaders who live and raise families in the regions we serve.”
If you don’t know them already, meet Laura Dwight and her family on the left below and David Moore and his family on the right below. They are a key part of the Stay Montana family and we’re excited to have them on our ownership team. Read their full bios on our team page!
The Stay Montana team was recently excited to volunteer at Gallatin County Food Bank! Our team picked up and hand-delivered food to families around the Bozeman area.
“As a local, family-owned and operated company, giving back to the communities where our employees and owners live and work is a core company value at Stay Montana,” commented Laura Dwight, Director of Marketing. “Additionally, we like to focus our giving on organizations that help local families in need, The Gallatin County Food Bank does just that. Stay Montana is proud to continue to support our local community and looking forward to our next opportunity to volunteer.”
The Gallatin County Food Bank has been providing emergency food assistance in the valley for 40 years. It is their mission is to improve food security throughout Southwest Montana. Learn more and get involved on their website.
Amber Vogl, Director of Owner Services said, “Being able to give back to the community we love is such a great feeling. We met some very sweet people this day too!”