Everything you need to know about Big Sky Lift Tickets
Make sure to purchase early to save!
Big Sky Resort offers lift tickets through RFID technology. (Radio Frequency Identification)
Here is a breakdown of how it works:
1 – Purchase your lift ticket or season pass through the Big Sky Resort Lift Ticket Page.
2 – If you still have your RFID – Sky Card from last year at Big Sky, you can simply have your card re-loaded when purchasing your tickets online.
3 – If you DO NOT have your Sky Card yet, you will be able to purchase one during the lift ticket checkout process. Pick up your tickets at one of Big Sky Resort’s Sky Card Express Boxes on-resort property. Simply use the machine to scan the QR code in your Big Sky Resort lift ticket confirmation email and it will print out your Sky Card loaded with your lift tickets.
4 – New this year, the resort will be limiting tram access and you’ll need to purchase an add-on ticket to ride the tram.
*** NEW SKY CARD EXPRESS BOX location in the Moonlight Basin Area – Base of the IRON HORSE LIFT
-If you’re staying in Moonlight Basin, you can ski straight to the Iron Horse lift on the first morning of your vacation and follow the Sky Card Instructions above
– Locate a SKY CARD Express Box.
4- Once you have your RFID (lift ticket card), simply place it in a pocket by itself. Make sure there are no cell phones, credit cards, or other items in the same pocket, as these can interfere with the RFID signal. Only carry one RFID card at a time.
5- When you go through the lift line and the RFID Gates, keep your card in your pocket. The Gates will open automatically.
6- Remember to save your RFID card for your next Ski Vacation to Big Sky.
*We do NOT sell lift tickets and do NOT offer lift ticket packages. You must purchase your lift ticket through this Big Sky Resort Lift Ticket Page.
Highlights of the Operations Plan:
– Opening Day November 24, 2022 and Closing Day is April 23, 2023.
– Big Sky Season Passholders are welcome to access the resort any day of the season their pass is valid and walk up to the lifts as usual.
– Ikon Passholders can ski when their passes permit access and must use Ikon’s reservation system.
– Mountain Collective Passholders will also have access to Big Sky Resort when their passes permit access and may be required to make a reservation.
– Big Sky Lift Ticket holders can purchase their desired days of skiing at this time. Purchasing your lift tickets online in advance will help assure access for your desired dates.
– News! Swift Current 6 underwent a major chairlift upgrade and will be “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift.” can purchase their desired days of skiing at this time. Purchasing your lift tickets online in advance will help assure access for your desired dates.
Need to rent Ski or Snowboard Gear? Stay Montana guests receive 10% off from Ski Butlers.
Big Sky Vacation Rentals
Looking for Lodging? We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!