The Flathead Valley is located in Northwestern Montana and is a sought after year-round destination. From charming small towns such as Bigfork, Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls, to infinite winter and summer activities – there’s something for everyone!
The village of Bigfork includes downtown shops, galleries, fine restaurants, live music and dancing and the Bigfork Summer Playhouse with live theater and professional productions that change throughout the summer with none of the hustle-bustle of a large city. Downtown Bigfork is also the center of all outdoor activities including fishing or sightseeing charters, bike rentals, kayak, canoe and paddleboard, ski boats and jet ski rentals. Minutes away from the condo is the Swan River Nature Trail that runs the length of the famous ‘Wild Mile’ rapids. Run, walk, bike or fly fish along this beautiful hidden trail. The Eagle Bend Golf Course a 500 acre 27 hole master-planned community is located 2 miles from downtown and offers the avid golfer the best in the valley. Eagle Bend is a public course and includes a restaurant and pro shop on site. Adjacent to the course is the Montana Athletic Club housing a complete workout center, pool, personal trainers, racquetball and tennis courts.
Whitefish, Montana is not to be missed with a quaint downtown and tons of outdoor activities including Whitefish Lake, the Whitefish Trail System and year-round fun at Whitefish Mountain Resort. Check out all Whitefish vacation rentals here.
Your vacation would not be complete without a day trip through Glacier Park and its many historic lodges. As you travel over the Going to the Sun Highway and the breathtaking views of The Big Sky of Montana you may see mountain goats, moose, elk, grizzly and black bear, big horn sheep, pristine high mountain lakes, many waterfalls and much more too numerous to mention. Your trip through Glacier Park and its majestic views will be one of the greatest memories you will ever have.
Browse our Flathead Valley Vacation Rentals to find your home base for Northwestern Montana activities such as downhill or cross country skiing, boating, swimming, horseback riding, fishing, rafting, golfing and more!
Glacier National Park:
- Narrow Path Adventures – 406.407.0743. Offering ATV rentals.
- Glacier Raft Company – 406.888.5454. Offering whitewater rafting.
- A Able Charters – Mike Howe – 406.257.5214. Offering guided fly fishing.
- Bigfork Outdoor Rentals – 406.837.2498 – From boats to kayaks to float tubes to jet skis, Bigfork Outdoor Rentals rents out something for everyone.
Summer Activities on Whitefish Mountain Resort: From the Alpine Slide to Scenic Chair Rides to the Nature Center, there are too many awesome activities to list!
- Basecamp Bigfork – 406.871.9733
- Swan Mountain Outfitters – 406.387.4405. Offering horseback riding and guided LAMA RIDES!
- Wayfarers State Park Loop
- Swan River Trail
- Aneas Loop
- Birch Lake Trail
- Beardance Trail
- Crater Lake
- Strawberry Lake
- Peterson Creek Trail
- Eagle Bend
- Village Greens
- Buffalo Hill
- Northern Pines
Restaurants & Bars:
Bigfork offers a variety of restaurants from sushi to fine dining to a brewery with breathtaking lake views.
- Flathead Lake Brewery – Gorgeous Flathead Lake views, a variety of fresh beer made on-site, and huge portions of delicious American food! 116 Holt Dr, Bigfork, MT 59911 | (406) 837-2004
- El Topo
- Echo Lake Cafe
- Burger Town
- Great Northern Gourmet
- Bigfork Inn
- Grill 459
- Fieldheads Coffee
- Saketome Sushi
- Pocketstone Cafe
- Grateful Bread
- A Bar
- Montana Bonfire
- Beargrass Bistro
- Schafer’s Restaurant
- Marina Cay’s Tiki Bar
- Old Bridge Pub
- Norm’s Soda Fountain in Kalispell
- Tamarack Brewing in Lakeside
- Backslope Brewing in Columbia Falls
- Gunsight Saloon in Columbia Falls
Don’t forget to check out local favorites in Whitefish as well!
Ready to visit? Check out our Flathead Valley Vacation Rentals!