Here in Big Sky country, we have been blessed with an abundance of fresh powder to usher in Spring 2018.
Photo: Facebook/Dave Pecunies Photography
9 more inches this morning, on top of 20” received over the last 7 days. April skiing is going to be awesome this year! With near record snowpack, skiing will be great through the end of the season. 20 more days to go at Big Sky Resort with closing day set for April 22 – an extra week this year! There are still a few vacation properties available, so book now and treat yourself to some spring snow fun. Closing weekend is always a blast, and Pond Skim on April 21 is not to be missed!
Seasonal Transitions: Bike & Ski –
Yellowstone National Park is now open for cycle days only through April 19, with the West Yellowstone entrance scheduled for warm season road travel on April 20.
Vacation Planning –
It’s never too early to start planning your next great mountain vacation! Early ski pass sales are happening now for the 2018/2019 winter season, with lots of great new options for Big Sky season-passes as well as an introduction of the Ikon Pass. Big Sky Resort is now one of 26 destination resorts available with this pass. Book your next winter vacation soon! It’s going to be great.
And summer is just around the corner…. Plan your dates now, and look for our Summer Travel Planning Guide coming soon!
Big Sky Resort Announces Next Phase of Resort’s 2025 Plan Coming Winter 2018
Check out the details here: Big Sky 2025
Views from the top of Andesite Mountain – Big Sky Resort
[03.07.18] Great day for cruising on the groomers and soaking up the warm sunshine….
Still time to fit in a Spring Break adventure to Big Sky Montana! So much to do during March!
[Photo: View of Lone Peak from our Skycrest condos]
[03.04.18] Mountain snow conditions are great this year – record snowfalls have blessed us again – so excellent base depths will carry us well into April with continued great snow sports activities. There are numerous events happening for everyone in the crowd to enjoy.
Make Spring Break experiential & educational –
- Book a wolf wildlife excursion – https://www.wolftracker.com/
- Yellowstone National Park – Old Faithful Ranger Talks Before Eruptions – every day through March 15 [Note: 3/15 YNP closes to over snow travel; they will then begin clearing roads so Cycle Days can begin in early April.]
Dance & Musical Magic –
Warren Miller Performing Arts Center – wmpac.org
- Ahn Trio & James Sewell Ballet – March 10
- Che Malambo – March 31
March Snow Sports – Don’t miss the action!
- 3/9 – 3/11 Headwaters FreeRide – Big Sky Resort
- 3/17 Shedhorn Ski-Mo 2018 – Big Sky Resort
- 3/17-18 Big Sky Skijoring Association races – Big Sky Town Center
- 3/18 – Spring Equinox Dual GS citizen races – Bridger Bowl
- 3/18 – Bozeman Citizens’ Cup Hyalite Classic – Nordic Classic Races at Hyalite Reservoir – www.bridgerskifoundation.org
- 3/19 – 3/24 FIS US Alpine Masters World Criterium masters race – Big Sky Resort
- 4/7 – Sam Adams Big Air Showcase – Big Sky Resort
Run To The Pub – 3/17 – Runner’s World voted this event as #2 ‘Best in the US’ half marathon in the country. St. Patrick’s Day 10k and Half Marathon, and all finishers are entered to win a trip to Dublin, Ireland.
Breakfast in Bozeman: Great days start with a great breakfast, so be sure to enjoy some of our favorites! Feed Cafe, Jam!, Wild Crumb, Nova Cafe, Main Street Over Easy, Mama Mac’s.
Local Big Sky Lunch Tip: For a nice change of pace, try the Peaks lunch buffet at Big Sky Resort. Service from 11-2, it includes a full soup, salad, and multi hot entree buffet plus carving stations – great selections, healthy options, and reasonable price. Have a relaxing midday dining experience or linger into apres with full bar service for a leisure slopeside experience.
Big Sky Resort has extended the ski season to April 22, with Pond Skim on April 21 this year.
Lodging options are still available, so come see us this spring!