Check out our local team’s favorite picks for summer in Montana!
Montana summers are legendary and sought after by many worldwide! In the winter, parts of Montana can get a lot of snow but in the summer Montana turns into an outdoorist’s dream playground. Did you know it stays light past 9pm or even 10pm in some Montana locations during summer?!
We’ve put together a list of our favorite summer activities by area for you and your family and friends to enjoy on your vacation to Montana!
- Book a Montana Whitewater Rafting trip
- Go on a flyfishing adventure
- Enjoy horseback riding
- Check out the Big Sky Farmer’s Market
- Golf at the Big Sky Resort Golf Course
- Eat at Bunker Deck & Grill
- Take a scenic lift ride
- Enjoy numerous basecamp activities
- Mountain biking
- Take a guided hiking tour
- Embrace your inner Hawkeye and try out archery
- Play a round of mini golf
- Search for Creature X experience
- Book a park tour
- Mountain Biking
- Drive through Firehole Canyon Drive for spectacular views of lava flows and a fun place to swim!
- Visit Old Faithful and the Upper Geyser Basin
- Hiking – There are numerous trails, find the best one for you!
- Visit the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
- Check out the town of West Yellowstone for touristy attractions and a bite to eat
- Big Sky Country State Fair – Starts July 20th
- Wander through Bogert Farmer’s Market
- Check out Music on Main – Free every Thursday evening in Downtown Bozeman
- Go on a river tubing trip on the Madison River
- Bozeman and Big Sky are neighboring cities, check out the above section for more summer favorites!
- Boat or swim on Flathead Lake or Whitefish Lake
- Visit Whitefish Mountain Resort for their summer offerings, including ziplining, mountain biking, and scenic chair lift rides
- Hiking – Lower level hiking is accessible as the snow melts!
- Spring Biking in Glacier National Park
- Hot Spring Tours – There are lots of Hot Springs around Montana!
- Golfing – Golf season starts around May and runs through October (weather permitting)
- Have a brew at the Bonsai Brewing Project in Whitefish or Flathead Lake Brewing Company in Bigfork
- Biking on the Going to the Sun Road
- Visit the beautiful Lake McDonald – it’s a little chilly, but worth it to dip your toes in!
- Hiking on numerous trails – Our favorite: Avalanche Lake Trail at Lake McDonald
- Check out the West Glacier Village for shops and dining!
- Play a round of mini golf at the Golfing to the Sun mini golf course
- Go on a Glacier Zipline Canopy Tour