Big Sky & Whitefish Ski Season News At a Glance
- Opening day is November 25 & closing is April 24.
- Lift tickets – buy early for the best prices.
- Add-on Tram Access to your lift tickets.
- Ikon Pass – prices increase on October 15.
- Mountain Collective Pass – still available until they sell out.
- Major chairlift upgrade – Swift Current 6 will be “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift.”
- Equipment Rentals – our guests receive 10% off from Ski Butlers.
- We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
- UPDATED: Opening day is December 9 and closing is April 10.
- Lift tickets – now available! Buy early for the best prices.
- Hellroaring chair/lift 8 has been relocated offering earlier season access.
- Check out our 40+ Flathead Valley rentals including Whitefish and Columbia Falls for easy access to Whitefish Mountain!
Big Sky Resort opens November 25, 2021 and closing day is April 24, 2022.
While Big Sky hasn’t announced if they will be limiting lift tickets, they do say to purchase now for guaranteed access and the best prices. New this year, the resort will be limiting tram access and you’ll need to purchase an add-on ticket to ride the tram. Season passes will also be limited.
Major chairlift upgrade!! Swift Current 6 will be “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift,” complete with Big Sky Blue weatherproof bubbles, ultrawide heated seats and individual headrests and footrests, this lift will increase uphill capacity by up to 50%!
Big Sky Resort is proud to be part of the Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective families! If you’re looking for an epic ski trip combining multiple destinations, you’ll definitely want to check out these pass options.
Need ski equipment? Our guests receive 10% off rental gear from Ski Butlers in Big Sky!
Want to experience “The Biggest Skiing in America?” We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
Whitefish Mountain Resort opens December 7, 2021 and closing day is April 10, 2022.
New this year, the Hellroaring chair/lift 8 will be relocated offering earlier season access!