Big Sky & Whitefish Ski Season News At a Glance
- Opening a day early this year! Wednesday, November 22, 2023 is the official Big Sky Resort opening day! The resort usually closes around the third Sunday in April, approximately April 21, 2024.
- New Loan Peak Tram this year!
- Lift tickets – buy early for the best prices & to guarantee access. Lift ticket availability might be limited on certain dates.
- Add-on Tram Access to your lift tickets.
- Ikon Pass – you usually need to buy your pass by September 15 to save up to 20%. Note, you’ll need to make a reservation to use your Ikon Pass at Big Sky this year.
- Mountain Collective Pass – Note, you’ll need to make a reservation to use your Mountain Collective Pass at Big Sky this year.
- Major chairlift upgrade last year – Swift Current 6 is “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift!”
- Equipment Rentals – our guests receive 10% off from Ski Butlers.
- We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
- Opening day is December 7, 2023 and closing is April 7, 2024.
- Lift tickets – aren’t available just yet but check back to buy early for the best prices.
- Hellroaring chair/lift 8 was relocated last year offering earlier season access!
- Chair 4 got relocated and replaced with the mountain’s first high-speed sixpack! It will take skiers from the Base Lodge to the top of Inspiration Ridge in under 7 minutes.
- Check out our 50+ Flathead Valley rentals including Whitefish and Columbia Falls for easy access to Whitefish Mountain!
Big Sky Resort opens November 22, 2023 and closing day is usually around April 21, 2024.
Big Sky Resort said that they many limit lift ticket availability on certain dates. They recommend you purchase tickets now for guaranteed access and the best prices. New last year, the resort is limiting tram access and you’ll need to purchase an add-on ticket to ride the tram. Season passes will also be limited.
Major chairlift upgrade!! As of last year, Swift Current 6 is “America’s Fastest 6-Place Chairlift,” complete with Big Sky Blue weatherproof bubbles, ultrawide heated seats and individual headrests and footrests, this lift will increase uphill capacity by up to 50%!
Big Sky Resort is proud to be part of the Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective families! If you’re looking for an epic ski trip combining multiple destinations, you’ll definitely want to check out these pass options.
Need ski equipment? Our guests receive 10% off rental gear from Ski Butlers in Big Sky!
Want to experience “The Biggest Skiing in America?” We now offer 100+ vacation rentals in Big Sky!
Whitefish Mountain Resort opens December 7, 2023 and closing day is April 7, 2024.
New last year, the replaced & relocated chair 4 will be the mountain’s first six-pack and will shuttle guests to the top of Inspiration Ridge.