Bozeman, MT is a magical place in the winter. There are so many fun activities to enjoy with loved-ones. We’ve put together a list of our top 5 favorite winter activities that we love to do in Bozeman!
1. Skiing/Snowboarding: This one is a no-brainer. There are two fantastic ski areas in immediate proximity to Bozeman and the greater Gallatin Valley. Bridger Bowl is a local favorite for ski days and has 2,000 acres of terrain, 8 chair lifts, 2,500 vertical feet, 3 lodges. Big Sky Resort is 45 minutes – 1 hour from Bozeman and is definitely worth the drive. With 5,850 acres of terrain to explore, Big Sky Resort is known as “The Biggest Skiing in America”.
2. Hot Springs: Escape the cold and take a dip in the natural hot springs that surround Bozeman. Bozeman Hot Springs has 12 different pools to enjoy just 15 minutes outside of the city. This is the perfect place to relax and warm-up after a fun-filled day of skiing.
3. Cross-Country Skiing/Nordic Skiing: The Bozeman community is recognized as a top cross-country ski destination! There are 3 main Nordic ski areas:
- Crosscut Mountain Sports Center near Bozeman.
- Lone Mountain Ranch near Big Sky. Named Cross Country Skier magazine’s #1 Nordic ski destination in North America with 85 km of trails through wooded trails and mountainous terrain.
- Rendezvous Ski Trails near West Yellowstone.
5. Stroll Downtown: Downtown Bozeman has the most beautiful holiday decorations. It’s a dream to stroll downtown with a coffee or hot cocoa in hand and admire the beautiful Christmas lights. Stop in any of the boutiques and local shops to warm up and support a local business!
6. Ice Skating: Take the kids or go on a fun date-night with your partner to the ice skating rink! There are 3 public ice skating rinks in Bozeman. Southside Park, Beall Park and Anderson Pavillion at Bogert Park are open starting around Christmastime.
Check out our Bozeman and Gallatin Gateway vacation rentals and start planning your winter vacation!