Whitefish Mountain Resort was ranked #6 on the list while Big Sky Resort was ranked #28! How cool is that?!
Big Sky is known as the “Biggest Skiing in North America” with over 5,850 skiable acres while Whitefish Mountain Resort has right around 3,000 skiable acres. Both resorts are the ski enthusiasts’ dream! Plus, both Big Sky and Whitefish are fun resort towns with lots of things going on for you to enjoy in the evening or if you’re looking for activities beyond skiing.
To gear you up, we’ve put together a list of must-haves for you to pack on your ski trip to Montana! We’ve listed everything you’ll need on your trip and a few extras that you may not have thought of! Remember to check the weather report before traveling to Montana as temperatures and ski conditions can vary.
Ski & Snowboard Clothing
- Thermal Base Layer – Top & Bottom
- Fleece Mid-Layer
- Waterproof Ski Jacket
- Waterproof Ski Pants
- Multiple Accessories – Hats, Waterproof Mittens or Gloves, Ski Masks, Socks
Ski & Snowboard Gear
- Skis or Snowboard with Bindings
- Ski Boots or Snowboard Boots
- Ski Poles
If you do not have the appropriate ski gear, we partner with Ski Butlers in Big Sky to bring you the best ski equipment delivered right to you!
Non-Ski/Snowboard Clothing – “Mountain Casual”
- Warm Winter Jacket
- Winter Boots (Waterproof boots are recommended)
- Jeans (Insulated jeans help keep the chill at bay, but regular jeans will do just fine)
- Sweaters or Fleeces
- Multiple Pairs of Warm Socks
- Warm Sleepwear (Flannel is a great choice!)
- Swim Suit! If your rental has a hot tub!
- Lip Balm with SPF
- Shaving Supplies
Electronics & Misc.
- Lift Tickets/Passes
- Wallet with ID
- Cell Phone
- Charging Cords for All Devices
- Prescriptions/Vitamins/Other Wellness
- Water Bottle(s)
- Toe & Hand Warmers
Looking for a place to stay? Check out these ski-in/ski-out properties!