Why you need to escape to Montana this fall
Fall in Montana offers changing leaves, perfect temperatures and many outdoor activities. Getaway from it all and enjoy some family time or just simple R&R. Montana is open and there is lots to do for all. Find Your Fall Retreat>>
Our favorite reasons to visit Montana in fall:
- Leaf Peeping – did you know that Montana is home to Tamaracks, a conifer whose needles turn a gorgeous golden yellow color before falling off and returning green in the spring?
- Hiking – temps are cool, colors are popping, serene hikes abound!
- Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks – far fewer people visit the parks in the fall. Take a guided tour, boat ride, hike or scenic drive.
- Fishing – before brown trout start spawning in November, they are really active which means perfect fishing!
- Sunrises & Sunsets – Big Sky Country offers stunning sunrises and sunsets over vast open spaces, gorgeous rivers or breathtaking peaks. You’ll see clouds like you never have before.
- Big Sky Pro Bull Riding September 4-6th – bull riding, live music after-parties, art auctions, golf tournament, fundraisers and a vendor village. There’s something for everyone.
Need a home base for your fall activities? Whether you want a secluded property with plenty of privacy or a property where you can walk to restaurants, shopping and activities, we have a wide assortment to fit every need.