Why you need to escape to Montana this fall
Fall in Montana offers changing leaves, perfect temperatures and many outdoor activities. Getaway from it all and enjoy some family time or just simple R&R. Montana boasts something for everyone! Find Your Fall Retreat>>
Our favorite reasons to visit Montana in fall:
- Leaf Peeping – did you know that Montana is home to Tamaracks, a conifer whose needles turn a gorgeous golden yellow color before falling off and returning green in the spring?
- Hiking – temps are cool, colors are popping, serene hikes abound!
- Yellowstone & Glacier National Parks – far fewer people visit the parks in the fall. Take a guided tour, boat ride, hike or scenic drive. Plus, tickets are no longer required at Glacier National Park after September 6, 2021!
- Fishing – before brown trout start spawning in November, they are really active which means perfect fishing!
- Sunrises & Sunsets – Big Sky Country offers stunning sunrises and sunsets over vast open spaces, gorgeous rivers or breathtaking peaks. You’ll see clouds like you never have before.
- Great Weather – September and October bring lots of sunshine and mild temperatures with averages in the upper 60s. Fall is the perfect time to get outside!
Need a home base for your fall activities? Whether you want a secluded property with plenty of privacy or a property where you can walk to restaurants, shopping and activities, we have a wide assortment to fit every need.
Did you know we offer discounts for weekly & monthly stays? Extended Stay Discounts>>